Scholar Friendly Thesis Writing Process – 7 Do’s and Don’ts
This entry was posted in Academic Writing , on March 29 , 2019.
The process of thesis writing plays a vital role in a scholar’s academic career. Thesis lets you convey your thoughts/ ideas effectively to the reader if written in a good manner. Every word and phrase used in thesis writing must be of top quality, as a good thesis lets you climb the ladder and get one step closer to your PhD degree.
Though PHD Thesis Writing Services is a lengthy and time-consuming process, it is definitely a rewarding process.
Here are some do’s and don’ts that need to be considered while Writing a Thesis.
- 1. Write in an organized manner:- While writing a Thesis Writing, organize and present your data in a consistent manner. Your thesis should be presented in a logical flow as it allows the readers to follow your series of thoughts and understand your arguments better in a better manner. Planning and writing your thesis in an organized manner will also help you save a lot of time.
- 2. Acknowledge the original author:- Citation is very important in research mainly for two reasons: Firstly, it acknowledges and credits the original sources. Secondly, it allows the readers to trace the ideas that lead up to your research. Also, using sources without any proper citation and reference will lead to plagiarism, an important factor that leads to the rejection of the thesis.
- 3. Use consistent tense and active voice:- Communicate your ideas clearly and precisely. Always use direct and clear sentences. Be smart and choose present tense to convey your thoughts/ ideas rather than conveying your ideas in the past tense.
- 4. Talk to your advisor or review committee on the regular basis:- If you have any questions related to format, content, or deadlines, be sure to contact your thesis advisor or review committee at any time. Even if you are right on the track and know exactly what you are doing, or you are aware of the guidelines and rules set by your institution, be sure to check with your guide and update him/ her about your proceedings of your work.
- 5. Relax and plan your schedule:- Make a schedule of lab work or research time to help you to figure out what you need to get done and when it needs to be done.
- 6. Do not include unnecessary points:- Include relevant and to the point data is sufficient to frame your work and make your point. Don’t include anything that doesn’t answer the questions and exceed the recommended word count. As it gives an impression that you do not know systematize your findings.
- 7. Do not forget to provide solid evidence:- Do not forget to include solid evidence/ supporting material or related research done by the previous researchers; It augments and complements your thesis.
- 8. Do not plagiarize:- Avoid plagiarized content in your thesis. Take the necessary step to remove plagiarism (if present). Always proofread your thesis before submitting the thesis, as plagiarism leads to direct rejection of your thesis.
To conclude, the thesis writing process demands a lot of attention right from the writing the thesis statement to submission of the thesis. Pay close attention while writing your thesis and avoid unacceptable mistakes.