How to assess the quality of your dissertation?
This entry was posted in Category Dissertation , on February 28 , 2019.
Assessing quality of your dissertation is a multi-dimensional aspect that varies on the basis of the type of research conducted. Qualitative research is assessed depending upon its credibility, dependability, transferability and conformability. Similarly, quantitative researches are assessed depending upon its objectivity, reliability, construct validity, internal validity, and external validity. Therefore, it is advised to revise your dissertation about all such points before submitting it to your supervisor. Furthermore, to improve and assess the quality of your dissertation it is important to understand following points –
- Comprehend the factors that help in assessing research quality – As discussed above quantitative research are assessed on the scale of internal validity, external validity, construct validity, reliability and objectivity. Based on these parameters your dissertation will be valued as –
- Whether your dissertation is internally and externally valid or not?
- Research methods used are constructive enough and valid throughout to reach up to the ultimate answer.Research is undertaken with a clear objective in mind.
Once these points are unblemished, you can move ahead.
- Evaluate the quality of the main research journal – No matter whichever approach you use, but your dissertation will be appraised on the strategy of research used. Literature quality is reviewed that shows clear picture of the weak and strong points of the research strategy used. The same can also be done by –
- Measuring internal and external validity of the research strategy
- Measuring construct validity and reliability of the measurement procedure used.
- Measure the potential of the research quality of your research strategy- Potential of the research quality can be measured through –
- Duplication – It checks whether the main goal is replicated through multiple strategies used results same or are different. Analyzing the threats and strengths of the study is evident to form a hypothesis and check whether the expected result is duplicated or else rejected.
- Generalization – Generalization is tested to check whether the research goal is generally applied on different people, place, time and contexts or not.
- Extension – Design based extension and measurement based extensions requires to add, edit, omit and review the research strategy.
Overcome weakness of the dissertation – The quicker you understand the weakness of your dissertation, the better you understand your pits and easier it will be for you to overcome it. This impacts the quality of your dissertation both qualitatively and quantitatively.For more information visit us at – www.editnpublish.com