Few Steps of Radiating a Dissertation Through Editing
This entry was posted in Editor , on April 27 , 2015.
A dissertation is not thought to be complete if it has not been edited. An unedited write-up is contemplated to be full of flaws and is never appreciated by any professor. Editing is well thought-out to be a final process which gives a final glow to the write-up. It is a step by step process which if not taken into consideration can lose up the quality of the dissertation. Therefore, let’s go through some steps of radiating a dissertation through editing –
- Fragmentation – Breaking into small parts and then editing. Of course editing the entire stock of thesis in one slot is not possible. Thus, going through one chapter in one sitting or a few paragraphs in a session always gives a sense full editing.
- Run-on – Run-on technique helps in getting through the main crux of long and complex sentences. Long sentence often confuses the readers with their real meaning. Then Run-on method relates two clause of a single sentence together, identifying them being dependent or independent of each other.
- Use of the comma and other punctuations – Commas and other punctuations like apostrophe, exclamation, question marks, etc are used with an adjunct meaning in the sentences. Editors often go through these minor yet crucial points while editing.
- Articles – Use of articles with the phrase underlines the specific content and separates it from the common ones. Although sounds basic but use of articles (a, an, the) helps in phrasing correct sentences.
- Tenses – Often the candidates having ESL issues with them face problem in tense usage. The research work of the thesis which has been done is expected to be written in past tense, but many scholars are not aware about this fact and commit mistakes while writing.
- Alignments – Decided font size, line spacing and chapters sequencing defines proper alignment. Editors match these points at the time of editing according to the instructions given by the university.Therefore, aforesaid steps are important for radiating a thesis at the time of editing.Help us resolve your doubts. Leave your questions and comments below or reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org