Academic editing precisely needs sheer perfectionism to be transformed into an approval-ready or publishing-worthy writing. With the advancements in research and increasing expectations from the academic fraternity all across the globe, the standards of academic writings are on a historic high. 100% error-free, which in concrete terms, stands for zero grammatical mistakes, perfect verbose, academic sense of appeal and style, and an overall research-inducing tone.
According to a recent survey conducted among the scholars from 10 universities across the states, about 46% reported that they faced issues while doing their final editing for research documents. This owes primarily to too many feedbacks from supervisors and overlapping tips available online as editing guides.
Following is a compiled list of expert-suggested tips and tricks for attaining writing worth academic attention and appreciation at the same time:
a) Stick to the Research theme while Tweaking your Introduction & conclusion chapters
You are bound to face a lot of distractions while you screen through literature sources for penning down your introduction sections, with several new directions being introduced for your research topic. But beware and stick to your theme. Same holds true for your editing stage as well.
b) Ensure Referencing throughout your Research Methodology Section
Citing other people’s work or ideas is a must in academic writing. And, while editing your document keep in mind not to miss out on any reference space; any and every idea must be cited.
c) Do not Play around with Numbers and Figures while you Edit your data Analysis/Results chapter
Statistics, numerical data, and other values mentioned in the text must not be changed or approximated. While editing your data analysis chapter, be careful of keeping the intended meaning intact.
d) Once you have used your Set of Eyes, feel free to use another Pair
There are several expert-led service providers who deliver niche Dissertation Proposal Editing Services for high-end academic documents. It is a wise decision to opt for such services to give your document an extra edge.
e) Technology helps (quite a lot!) at times
Do not hesitate from using any online software for proofreading/editing parts of your document. Not only do they mark out your linguistic errors, but some tools like Grammarly also check your plagiarism for free.
f) Be sure you remove all major pain points for your supervisors
Some supervisors are sure to lay great focus on your choice of methodology and its justifications, while others may require a great data analysis chapter to top the list of priorities, yet some others will mandate APA-referenced bibliography section. Get hold of your supervisor’s choices/preferences right from the beginning of your academic journey to ease out the process.
g) Maintain a record of all edits made for a quick review of what’s done and what’s not
Follow a systematic process for editing your research, too much editing is also deteriorating, while too little will also do no good. Edit as per latest standards followed in your subject stream, language rules and university-laid guidelines (if any). Further, ensure that you prepare a corrections/edits sheet well in advance to keep track of changes made for future reference.
h) Edit your abstract at the very end
A short but crisp glimpse of your entire research, the research abstract must be comprehensive, well-written and to the point. It must only reveal a screenshot of the entire story that succeeds it rather than spilling all the beans. Therefore, it is suggested by most research experts that the abstract must be edited once you have completed your results, analysis and conclusion section.
i) Ensure linguistic excellency
To convey your intended message across the research (and other) fraternity, your editing skills must be upbeat with the latest grammar & language rules. Pay extra attention to typos, spelling, word usage, clarity, logical flow, sentence structure, etc. to gain the advantage of English Editing Company which help you in impeccable English writing.
A take-home lesson is that editing is as essential as a pinch of salt to your favorite dish. An unedited document makes little or no sense and does not fulfill the purpose at all. While an edited document can add those extra stars to your otherwise mediocre research writing. Well-Edited writing speaks volumes about the researcher’s academic know-how, subject knowledge, and linguistic skills.
Before taking a dip into writing an analytical dissertation, it is a must for a scholar to know the significance of this kind of dissertation. An analytical paper is not merely a summary of the concepts/ideas. It analyzes the issue and draws a conclusion based on the evaluation. It begins with a description of the dissertation question and identifies an element that is evaluated throughout the dissertation. This type of dissertation should express neutrality and not positive or negative opinions.
Get started with crafting an analytical dissertation
While writing any dissertation is a daunting task, penning down an analytical one is even harder. Unlike any other type or usual dissertation, this type demands strong analytical skills without which you cannot write a great chapter. Some of the elements required to write a high-quality analytical dissertation are:
a) Come up with an impressive introduction –
Ever read an introduction section that made you want more of a text? You need to develop an introduction more like it. However, rather than infusing questions and exclamations in your introduction and confusing your target reader, include an engaging beginning statement that will captivate the audience. It should have three crucial elements: a hook, dissertation statement, and a brief explanation on how the statement is proven in the body. The hook must be an interesting or surprising statement which can be written using a controversial or usual statement, rhetorical question, or some relevant statistics.
b) Body paragraphs –
The body of an analytical must include: topic sentence, claim, and proofs that support the claim. The topic sentence of each paragraph must cover the specific aspects of the topic statement whereas the claim should dive into a particular area of the topic sentence. Include evidence from the relevant sources to support your claim and also mention the key reasons for the selection of the sources without which your analytical dissertation might end up as a summary. This is so because it lets you join the dots between the pieces of evidence and the topic sentence. If you have already incorporated the evidence but didn’t mention the key reasons for its selection, take help from editors offering dissertation editing services and infuse them.
c) Wind up – End your analytical dissertation on a high note. Conclude by reminding your reader how you supported your claim. If possible you can also describe how your argument connects to the real world.
A killer analytical dissertation will help you achieve higher grades in your PhD degree. Hence ensure that it is organized and is error-free. If you haven’t structured the chapters in an apt manner and need any assistance in structuring/organizing them, take help from editors providing dissertation editing services.
- a) Language and style used is consistent
- b) Idioms and phrases are aptly used
- c) There is content consistency throughout the thesis
- d) There are no errors in grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, etc
Often scholars end up messing their thesis while copy editing. To help such scholars out, we have conducted a survey among the organization offering PHD Editing Services and have come up with handy and tested tricks that have the potential to transform an ordinary thesis into an enthralling work.
- 1) Check for references and citations – While copy editing your thesis check for citations in the reference section. Take a hard copy of this section and highlight each citation thereby ensuring that there are no extra or any of the reference has not been missed out. Also, make your that the reference listed are accurate. You can make use of online resources like Google scholar to ensure accuracy.
- 2) Check for figures and tables – Pay close attention to the tables, figures, charts, and graphs as the overall presentation of your thesis depend on these aspects. Hence it becomes important to check the accuracy, alignment, and consistency of the included table, figures, headings, etc. If required to enhance their appearance, you can take help from editors offering PhD editing services. They include a cell of the table for the data point, note, etc. and make your thesis look perfect.
- 3) Check for missing and unwanted content – While writing the thesis you might have included certain contents which you felt was important at that point of time. But on the completion of the thesis writing process, you may learn that many of the content you have included are unnecessary. Make sure you remove such contents from your thesis. Also, in a hurry to complete the thesis you might have missed out several key contents without which your thesis would make no sense. Thoroughly go through the text and make sure you have included the significant contents.
- 4) Check for content consistency – Accidentally you might have left a sentence or section incomplete. Check for such incomplete sentence/ sections. Make sure the capitalization, spelling, hyphenation, italics, font, and quotation marks are included appropriately and are consistent throughout the text.
- 5) Check for the common errors – No matter how proficient you are in English language and its rules, during the thesis writing process you will end up committing minor to major mistakes. But copy editing gives you an opportunity to set such errors right. Carefully go through each sentence and check for dissertation formatting service, grammatical, punctuation, sentence structure, etc.
Now, the most frequently asked question is, how can a graphic design service make a difference to your start-up?
Without an excellent graphic design, a company will not be able to highlight its product and increase its customer base, which ultimately affects the business and profitability of a company. The well designed graphic design seeks to attract the attention of a massive amount of people and help in boosting up sales, establishing a business name, thereby helping them maximize the profitable base of the business. Especially if you are a start-up, an excellent graphic design can do a lot for your company. It can attract loyal customers, help you build your brand and witness your business reaching its deserved new heights.
Some of the latest and most popular graphic designs that are trending in the market are:
- 3D images and text- When done right, 3D graphics can make the viewer feel like, they can reach out and touch them. By rendering text and images in 3D, you can make viewers’ brains register them as physical, palpable, touch and-pick-up-able. Any text can be made 3D, regardless of their font or style. The same can be done for objects or collections of objects. 3D designs have an added benefit of feeling futuristic, positioning your brand on the cutting edge.
- Art Deco- Art deco is all about being as shiny and ornate. They are highly detailed and are glossy style. The think long, leggy letters in typography and shiny, metallic imagery with hard lines can add a feeling of luxuriousness to your website.
- Mid-century modern- Mid-century modern design makes use of clear and clean lines, that are often juxtaposed against softer shapes. It also uses deliberate patterns to create a texture that makes up for the lack of other details. Mid-century modern is completely opposite to that of art deco. Here the form should follow the function, and any part of a design that doesn’t have any purpose need not be there.
- Isometric words- Isometric design shows 3D objects in 2D. This happens through shading and angles that create a sense that you are looking at the object from a specific perspective. This type of design has a clean and simple personality that made flat design popular. When used to create objects and scenes, it gives a viewer a world that they can imagine themselves inhabiting.
- Serif- This graphic design trend flies under the radar consciously. By making use of this font, you can easily grasp viewer attention, as they will see an unexpected font. Serif makes letters more recognizable and distinct thereby making the text easier to read.
Though PHD Thesis Writing Services is a lengthy and time-consuming process, it is definitely a rewarding process.
Here are some do’s and don’ts that need to be considered while Writing a Thesis.
- 1. Write in an organized manner:- While writing a Thesis Writing, organize and present your data in a consistent manner. Your thesis should be presented in a logical flow as it allows the readers to follow your series of thoughts and understand your arguments better in a better manner. Planning and writing your thesis in an organized manner will also help you save a lot of time.
- 2. Acknowledge the original author:- Citation is very important in research mainly for two reasons: Firstly, it acknowledges and credits the original sources. Secondly, it allows the readers to trace the ideas that lead up to your research. Also, using sources without any proper citation and reference will lead to plagiarism, an important factor that leads to the rejection of the thesis.
- 3. Use consistent tense and active voice:- Communicate your ideas clearly and precisely. Always use direct and clear sentences. Be smart and choose present tense to convey your thoughts/ ideas rather than conveying your ideas in the past tense.
- 4. Talk to your advisor or review committee on the regular basis:- If you have any questions related to format, content, or deadlines, be sure to contact your thesis advisor or review committee at any time. Even if you are right on the track and know exactly what you are doing, or you are aware of the guidelines and rules set by your institution, be sure to check with your guide and update him/ her about your proceedings of your work.
- 5. Relax and plan your schedule:- Make a schedule of lab work or research time to help you to figure out what you need to get done and when it needs to be done.
- 6. Do not include unnecessary points:- Include relevant and to the point data is sufficient to frame your work and make your point. Don’t include anything that doesn’t answer the questions and exceed the recommended word count. As it gives an impression that you do not know systematize your findings.
- 7. Do not forget to provide solid evidence:- Do not forget to include solid evidence/ supporting material or related research done by the previous researchers; It augments and complements your thesis.
- 8. Do not plagiarize:- Avoid plagiarized content in your thesis. Take the necessary step to remove plagiarism (if present). Always proofread your thesis before submitting the thesis, as plagiarism leads to direct rejection of your thesis.
The academic world has seen more changes than the stock market as with every new research; the field is subjected to have some changes. The researcher has to consider many changes in the academic world, but here a few points to consider in your academic writing before getting it published :
AudienceConsider your audience before you even write your paper. The audience of a doctorate student will be the supervisor, committee members, and other scholars who will read your research paper for clarity of your research. The content of your research will be affected with the right audience in your mind for your research paper. But when you want your research paper to be published in a journal, you have to target a larger audience. The audience could be interested in your topic or not, the audience may like your writing style or may not, and audience may need your research paper for his research, or he may be reading it to gain knowledge. You never know the aim of your audience, and you have to keep everything in mind when writing for a broader audience.
PurposeAudience and purpose are interrelated. If the audience knows less than the writer, then the purpose of the paper is to give information, if the audience knows more or equivalent, then the purpose is to demonstrate the knowledge. As a student, the researcher is demonstrating the knowledge he has gained, but if you are aiming to get your research published as a book or in a journal, you have to keep the learned and shared knowledge in proportion.
The publicationWhen you are a naive researcher, writing the research paper for your doctorate is aimed at your organisation. The organisation and the structure have to be your priority after sorting out the purpose and audience of your paper. Every organisation has its guideline for the writing style and structure of the research paper. For publishing your research paper in a journal, go through the guidelines and the writing style of the publication to edit the document according to the organisation.
PresentationThe flow and the writing style of the research paper are covered with the writing of the document. Presentation matters when you are presenting your research to the committee or to the journal publication to get it published. The cover letter will explain the aim and objective of the research and why it is important for the academic strata.
When you consider these points in your academic writing, you build confidence for your research. With the inbuilt confidence in your research, your academic visibility increases.
Scope of work in our Medical research editing serviceOur editors scrutinize every document in following areas:
Style & Voice
Grammar and Punctuation